Tuesday, July 24, 2012

North Rim of the Grand Canyon

 It only took us about five years to get to the North Rim, much better than what it took us to see Niagara Falls. What you are looking at here, just right of the center is Angels Window, yes we walked out to the tip.
 I am sorry, but there is just no way I/we could capture the beauty of God's creation. The colors were so subtle and beautiful
 Looking up at the Lodge, we had walked out to Bright Angel Point, a little over 1/4 mile out, on an uneven path, a few hills, Jo was a huffing but she made it. It was pretty warm and oh yeah it was around 8500 feet above sea level, air is thin there.
 We did a few of these through out the park, both on foot paths and also on the auto path.
 A shot from the point, notice a little green up the side of the cliff, I tried to show how deep the canyon is, but did not do very good.
 By shooting a side angle I was hoping to better show the depth of the canyon.
 By shooting vertical I came a little closer to showing depth
 Here you can see the suttle colors, an artist would have a hard time painting these colors
 Here you can get an idea how rugged it is
 Just beautiful
 More beauty, enjoy
 I only chose a few different views for your enjoyment, at least I/we hope you enjoy them
 I just kept shooting and shooting, I wanted to capture every moment I was there, it is just so beautiful
 Jo doing her thing at one of the over looks.
To me this is my best photo of the North Rim, a pretty shot looking threw Angels Window, still have detail in the canyon walls behind the window.

1 comment:

  1. All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.
    Flights to Cape Town
    Cheap Flights to Cape Town
    Cheap Air Tickets to Cape Town

    ReplyDelete