Thursday, July 16, 2015

Snowmass Chair Lift

 Snowmass is located near Aspen & Vail, CO. It is a ski resort in winter and a breath taking place in the summer. Jo and I spent an afternoon there, we both took a gondola ride up to the 11,300 plus foot level. From there I took a chair lift up to 12, 500 feet, this blog is the pictures I took on my way down on the chair lift. The view was hard to capture on film I tried my best, hope you enjoy.
 It seemed to me that each direction I looked the landscape had it's own degree of foliage!
 Here you can kind of get a look at how far one could see from this altitude, we/I were lucky because while we were up on the mountain the weather was great, as you can see it was a nice day.
 One of the things we always marvel at while driving through mountains is the different colors that are on display by the mountains, here you get an idea what we see.
 Yes there was a little snow on some of the peaks.
 Looking down from the loading dock at the very top.
 I felt so free swinging in the chair and just trying to take in the beautiful view I had.
 It will be hard for me to see a better view of mountains after this chair ride.
 While on the gondola ride I thought of my sister Marie as she truly enjoys a ride on a gondola, I was just wondering if she would have taken the chair lift with me?
Jo was happy that I made it back down safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment