Sunday, May 20, 2012

Road to Kolob Reservior, Cedar City, UT

 We decided to take a ride on scenic road 14, a few miles into the road it was closed, due to a landslide, just before the closed portion was a road to Kolob Reservoir sign, so off we went. What was not noted was how far and just how high up the mountain the road went, it had to be around 10,000 feet up, but well worth the drive. I am always amazed at how plants grow out of rocks, how about you?
 The scenery was breathtaking all the way, just the beginning, what do you think? When Jo does hers she will have some pictures of the valley below, cause I was driving; she would not let me take pictures, something about narrow road, no guard rails, I didn't understand.
 Some one took a stone saw and cut a slice out of that rock formation, wonder who did that, any guess?
 Just below that slice in the rock is supposed to be a Hidden Valley, could not get Jo to walk over there and see if that was true, what can I say.
 Some one took a chisel to this rock formation, I wonder how long ago that was?
 Did you ever wonder where people got their ideas to build towers, well here is where they got their ideas from, Mother Nature did it first.
 What I liked about this one is how Mother Nature used her paint brush, bright greens to some pastel colors in the background mountains, get out your canvas and paint brushes and see if you can match her artwork.
 How do you match such beauty, just look at all the different colors due to different minerals etc in the soil, it is so relaxing for me when I see sights like this.
There was a little haze over the valley, again I just enjoy these kinds of drives, hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment