Friday, August 19, 2011

Red River Zoo-2 Jo

This is a Pallas Cat (found in central and western Asia, and Mongolia). There are only 14 in U.S. zoos.

This is PaPa (standing), Baby on left and MaMa Sichuan Takins. The baby was born here on June 29th. They normally live in grassy/rocky high Alpine zones from 6,400-16,000 ft.

Here's the baby by itself. Isn't she cute?

I guess it must be time for feeding. She went over and woke Mom up.

These are White Lipped Deer, found in West Gansu and West Sichuan and Tibetan plateau. 

Look at this face. This is a Tanuki (found in southeast Siberia, Manchuria and No. Indonisia, China and Japan).

One of these camels is named Cecil, the other one is Nasan (who came to North Dakota from a Zoo in Garden City, Kansas). Both are Bactrian Camels whose favorite pastime are relaxing in the sun and sand and eating browse (whatever that is).

 
This little guy is full grown. Isn't he cute? I couldn't resist.

This Slender Tailed Meerkat is ON DUTY.  He is the lookout (just like the prairie dogs). One stands guard while the others go about their business (in this case most of them were napping).

Who said I was napping? 

This Llama was too cute to pass up. He was begging for attention.

He said I'll do tricks for you, just feed me, pet me, please, do something.
 
This horse was very jealous of the cow. I walked over to pet the cow and the horse said No Way, you pet me (not the cow). Oh well, they both got petting. Thats why we have 2 hands isn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment