Monday, June 18, 2012

Farm Equipment at WY Territorial Prison State Historical Site

 I am pretty sure I may missed describing a piece of equipment, so farmers feel free to correct me. Here we have a hay baler, they fed the hay into it from the top, hopper hidden behind the belt pulley.
 This is a hay stacker, from what I gather they would stack the hay in stacks then move the baler in and bale it.
 This appears to me to be a hay gather, forks in front would gather the hay, then they would bring it to the stacker.
 Hay making machines, mowers and rake.
 The folks needed to get around in something, a couple of old buggies.
 In front a single row potato digger, second is a manure spreader, and a grain planter
 How about this combine.
 The back side of a grain planter.
 A harrow
 These are what I call man killers, I remember my dad using one of the scoops.
Would you have guessed what this was used for with out the sign, I had no idea it was a Branding Stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment